Head of TUCO Academy
Do you excel in empowering individuals and groups to grow and learn new skills? Are you passionate about learning and development and have experience within the hospitality sector?
If so, we have a unique opportunity for a motivated, dynamic, experienced learning and development professional to manage the recently created TUCO Academy. This exciting project was launched in July 2015 with a vision to create a bespoke suite of accredited training and professional development courses for staff working in the higher and further education institutions.
The successful person will have the responsibility to shape and inform the emerging strategy of The Academy and will work alongside the steering group to deliver this ambitious project.
The University Caterers Organisation (TUCO) Ltd is an independent not for profit company owned by Higher & Further Education institutions that are its members. We seek to advance education and training in relation to catering and hospitality activities. The Academy currently offers members:
• UK and International Study Tours
• Training courses
Additionally, we are developing a masters degree in hospitality management in higher education and have recently registered as an Approved Apprenticeship Provider.
TUCO also seeks opportunities to exploit economies of scale available by co-ordinating demand of individual universities, colleges and other public sector bodies in areas of catering procurement.
You will need to have experience of working in a similar role and will have excellent English language skills and the ability to communicate to various audiences. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you think you have the skills, energy, creativity and dedication to make an important contribution to the continuing growth and success of TUCO, we encourage you to apply for this post. In return, we offer a pleasant working environment, opportunities for professional development and flexible working conditions.
Michael Haslin MBA FCIPS
Chief Executive Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION for Head of TUCO Academy
£38,636.60 to £47,481.05
(Flexible working policy in place)
BASE: Central Manchester
CONTRACT: Permanent with 12 months’ probationary period.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer
RESPONSIBLE FOR: TUCO Academy staff
EFFECTIVE FROM: TBC
STATEMENT OF JOB PURPOSE:
To pro-actively manage the development of the TUCO Academy (which offers online training, apprenticeship training, study tours, day courses and professional development content for conferences) by building a blended training programme in line with the overall strategic direction set out by the Steering Group. To promote the success of the TUCO Academy and to ensure that all courses meet the required standards.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare and monitor budgets for all TUCO Academy activities, forecast costs and delegate numbers as required by organisational planning and budgeting systems.
2. Remain fully briefed on relevant skills, training and qualifications levels required by members for effective performance and development and ensure that the TUCO career map is updated regularly
3. Manage the delivery of the TUCO Apprenticeship scheme, including maintaining and updating all necessary information on learner progress and all statutory compliance arrangements for the Register of Approved Apprenticeship Providers
4. Formulate organisational strategy and plans to meet training and development needs of members.
5. Manage delivery and evaluation of training, following up as necessary.
6. Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet identified training needs and manage course delivery via external training providers.
7. Identify, select and manage the contractual relationship with external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards of excellence.
8. Ensure the organisation of training venues, including maximising use of onsite training space, logistics, transport, accommodation as required, to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
9. Plan and deliver training courses personally, where necessary, to compliment