Please note there is revised pricing on the following agreements
Fish & Seafood
Fruit & Veg
Please note the notes from the below Contract Review Meetings are available
Please note there are new reports/documents uploaded for:
As you will know TUCO were one of the founding signatories to WRAPs Courtauld Commitment 2025 and we have joined a number of their working groups including their Love Food, Hate Waste campaign.
During September and October, households can find themselves undergoing change. It’s the time of year when many will be leaving home for the first time to go to university or college. Having finished education or training, others will be starting out on their new careers and this might mean moving away, sharing a house with friends or even setting up home for the first time. Fluctuating household numbers has a big impact on the amount of food we buy, cook and throw away. Smaller household numbers have implications for those leaving and those staying behind.
Love Food Hate Waste will be giving some useful tips on how to adapt to moving on and moving out. If you are managing your own food budget for the first time or want to survive in a shared house without the fridge becoming a shambles or housemates having to live on beans on toast, we have advice and ideas on simple, useful habits that will put you on the road to food management success. There will also be some tips for those left behind and needing to adjust for cooking for fewer people.
We all want to know where our food comes from right? That’s why all of M&J Seafood’s fish and seafood is traceable back to the time and place it was caught. But what if you want to know a bit more? The name of the boat or even the name of the skipper that caught your fish? Well, M&J Seafood’s ‘Skipper’s Catch’ initiative gives you exactly that.
‘Skipper’s Catch’ fish are caught by independent fishermen who sail out in day boats from ports right around the British coast early every morning and return in the afternoon with their catch. And we know them all. We buy it all. We can tell you their stories. So, if you want some very special British fish and seafood on your menu, sustainably caught and bought, with all the background story you could wish for, sign up to ‘Skipper’s Catch’ today and find out what’s being landed right now.
Your customers don't just what to know where their food comes from, they want to know who it comes from. They want to see that you know the people who are supplying the ingredients in your kitchen. You can’t always do that. But with ‘Skipper’s Catch’ you can.
And how do you tell them? Simple. Chalk it up on your specials board. Put it on your menus. Customers will pay a bit more to know that the proceeds of the food they are eating go back to a real person and are supporting a real way of life rather than disappearing into a faceless food business.
For further information, visit the brand new website at www.mjseafood.com or call 01296 610600.
TUCO have partnered up with the Craft Guild of Chefs to bring our members exclusive offers.
- Special Discount for CGC Membership to all TUCO Members.
- Special Discount Rate of 25% to all TUCO Members and Students
- Quote promotion code TUCO16 which will automatically apply the 25% discount on checkout
- Annual Membership Discounted Rate of £39.66
- Annual Membership Students of £14.98
In addition to the below membership benefits the Craft Guild of Chefs offer additional extras
- Run social events
- Networking events
- Competitions throughout the year – Grads – National Chef of the Year to name but a couple
- Universal Cookery Food Festival – offered at a discounted rate for members
- Golf day - member rates is normally half price but some years it’s free
- The chance to be on the Craft Guild of Chefs product endorsement team which allows members to earn money from testing products for business partners
The use of the Guilds designatory letters proves you are a professional who is committed and passionate towards your profession and will show to fellow professionals that you are serious about your career.
Free access to the Guilds’s website:
- Visit the jobs page where you can look for a position or post any vacancies you may have.
- For special offers from the Guild’s business partners, visit the business partners page where you will find exclusive promotions covering a range of products and services.
- Guild events – find out what’s on and where and book early at reduced rates.
- Order pictures and fun things from the Guild’s photo gallery, where you can spot you and your colleagues at Guild events you have attended.
- Catch up with all the latest news on the news page.
- Find or post recipes on the recipe page.
- Interested in competitions? Find entry details and past winners in the competition section.
- Do you want to gain extra qualifications? Find your local college and training organisations on the training and development pages.
- Receive the Guild’s bi-monthly Stockpot Magazine, which is packed with information, news and ideas.
- Advance notification of forthcoming events, masterclasses, competitions, regional activities, etc.
- Free Membership to the Culinary Academy.
- Reduced rates for members to Guild events.
- Free use of the Guild’s extensive library for reference purposes.