Who should attend?
Staff who have to produce regular financial reports on their department, recently promoted staff who may not have had to deal with finances directly or anyone who finds the various accounting terms a bit puzzling.
Why should you attend?
There is a constant need to regularly measure, monitor and report on hospitality operations to ensure that the strategic objectives of the operation are being met. Ensuring that reports accurate and informative will ensure
confidence in the business and those who manage it. The objective of the ‘Finance for Non-Financial Managers’ programme is to develop commercial awareness and to facilitate delegates’ understanding of the key financial competences required to manage a business successfully, such as forecasting and analysis.
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand best practice for purchasing and calculation of gross profit
- Manage cost of sales with better forecasting, correct pricing and reduced wastage
- Manage gross profit of promotional activity such as meal deals or loyalty cards
- Forecast wage and salary costs
Debra Adams is the founder of Arena 4 Finance, a leading practitioner in developing courses for developing fundamental financial skills and author of the book ‘Management Accounting for the Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Industries.
Member £99 plus VAT
Associate, affiliate or non-members £198 plus VAT
- 4th November 2016 - University of Manchester
- 17th February 2017 - University of Leeds, Submit bookings by October 25th 2016
|Associate, affiliate or non-members||£198.00||Available|