Vanilla Black - A Day of Inspiration for vegan and vegetarian Menus with a talk from Andrew Dargue: Thursday 15th November 2018
Why should you attend?
Established in 2004, originally in York, Vanilla Black is a contemporary vegan and vegetarian restaurant that offers a menu that challenges vegan and vegetarian stereotype dishes, uses unusual ingredients and creates unique combinations of taste and visual impact. The restaurant is recommended in the Michelin Guide and boasts two AA rosettes. Fed up of seeing the same meal listed as every restaurant's vegan and vegetarian option, Andrew uses inspiration from popular dishes to completely recreate dishes that are vegetarian or vegan. As the popularity and demand for vegetarian and vegan cuisine rises astronomically fast, the need for chefs to provide a good variety of healthy, filling, delicious dishes becomes more challenging. This study tour will offer inspiration outside of falafel, halloumi and vegetarian lasagne, to give you heaps of ideas for vegan and vegetarian dishes that you can recreate or adapt for your own institution. Andrew Dargue, the founder and chef proprietor of Vanilla Black, opens his doors to TUCO with an exclusive dining experience which includes an introduction to the restaurant and its concepts followed by a very honest, question and answer session.
Aims of the Development Day:
- Explore Borough Market to realise the large array of vegan and vegetarian items on sale, taking home a goody bag of several vegan items found during the treasure hunt
- To meet the inspirational Andrew Dargue for an intimate and honest question and answer session and explanation of the stories behind the dishes
- To taste some innovative vegan and vegetarian dishes at Vanilla Black, which will open your eyes to the use of different sweet and savoury ingredients that make up a delicious and varied vegan and vegetarian menu.
- To network with likeminded TUCO members working in similar roles at other UK universities, enabling you to exchange innovative ideas, taking new inspiration back to your own institution
- To equip yourself with a new knowledge and appreciation of vegetarian and vegan cuisine.
Who should attend:
Heads of Catering, Head chefs, Catering managers, Development chefs, any TUCO member who is interested in learning about the on-trend vegan and vegetarian cuisine.
Everything detailed on the itinerary is included in the cost of the study tour. This includes a visit to Borough Market with a treasure hunt of items purchased with cash provided from TUCO, a 3-course meal selected from the extensive menu at Vanilla Black, drinks at Vanilla Black and an introduction plus question and answer session with Andrew Dargue. Anything not listed on the itinerary is not included and should be covered by the delegates. This includes, but is not limited to, travel to and from the study tour, additional drinks, etc. Tube travel is required to travel between Borough Market and Vanilla Black and is not included. Delegates should bring a travel card or contactless payment card with them in order to travel. Each delegate will also be given a small goody bag of unusual ingredients that feature on the Vanilla Black and there is an opportunity to win a further two prizes whilst on tour.
Click HERE to see the Vanilla Black provisional itinerary. Please note that this is subject to change and final itineraries will be emailed to delegates approximately one week prior to the event.
How to book:
Please note that bookings may be made up 8th November 2018. After this date the booking process will be closed.
|Associate, affiliate or non-members||£160.00||Available|